[erlang-questions] texinfo

Dmitrii 'Mamut' Dimandt dmitriid@REDACTED
Tue Jun 12 09:08:37 CEST 2007

Tony Finch wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jun 2007, Dmitrii 'Mamut' Dimandt wrote:
>
>> It would be great if the documentation site could be reworked and allow
>> user comments (like php.net's docs or Adobe/Macromedia's LiveDocs)
>>

> The PHP documentation is a sick joke. (Much like the language itself.)
>
> Tony.

I'm afraid it's going to start a flame war, but still :))

PHP docs have documentation on every aspect of the language. It is
easily accessible. Just type http://php.net/mysql or
http://php.net/strstr or any of the myriad of functions that PHP
provides and you will be presented with a nicely formatted doc page. It
is cross-linked and offers sometimes invaluable information in the form
of user comments.

It is, actually, the one and only stop for any PHP programmer.

Erlang's documentation, though ample, is a pain to navigate, and at some
point it really needs those user comments