[erlang-questions] Problems checking out jungerl

Mats Cronqvist mats.cronqvist@REDACTED
Tue Jun 5 16:11:32 CEST 2007

Christian S wrote:
> I'd like to put more attention on Torbjörns post about his mirror of
> jungerl in git.
>
> The move has been done. Git is an excellent versioning system
> for open source. Everyone in possession of a repo clone has commit access.
> The way to be heard/published is to put your git repo online so your
> friends can pull from it (and to produce something worth to pull :).
> We dont need a central repository, we need many repositories.

   i use git at home, and it's pretty excellent (certainly much better than
sourceforge).
   but, iirc, the point of jungerl was to have a central repository that
everybody pushed to.
   i don't really see how it would work if there was a 100 different clones, all
slightly different. even the linux guys have a primary public repository.
   perhaps tobbe has a vision?

   mats