[erlang-questions] Erlang Extension Proposals (EEPs)

Per Gustafsson per.gustafsson@REDACTED
Thu Feb 1 13:02:25 CET 2007

I sent this message form the wrong address before so a similar message
might appear in acouple of hours.

Eric Merritt wrote:

> So this is a great idea and of huge benefit to the community. That
> being the case, how are we going to move this process forward?
>
> Who are the editors? Has that been decided?

No this has not been decided. I think that there should be at least
someone from the OTP-group and someone from outside of OTP. If there are
people that are intrested in being editors or that have good suggestions
for suitable editors you can contact me directly.

> Has the eeps mailing list been set up?

No

> Has any one stepped up to handle the eep html conversion? Could we
> go with what you have already written for now?

What I have done is basically just changed the python script slightly.
There are probably still some inconsistencies which will lead to some
weird links etc., but what I have can probably be used for now.

I have also created EEP 2 and EEP 3 which gives templates for writing
EEPs. They are mostly copies of PEP 9 and PEP 12. They are available at:

http://user.it.uu.se/~pergu/eep/eep-0002.html
http://user.it.uu.se/~pergu/eep/eep-0003.html

> Has subversion space been made available?

No, I have just set up my own repository on my local machine, so this
needs to be done.

> Who is going to maintain the infrastructure for eeps?

I think that the editors should be responsible for this.