[erlang-questions] erlang-questions Digest, Vol 9, Issue 10

Ingela Anderton Andin ingela@REDACTED
Thu Apr 5 13:04:36 CEST 2007

erlang-questions-request@REDACTED wrote:
> It has been said before that the inets HTTP suite is mainly used by Ericsson
> to test other software with (Ingela Anderton 28 Nov 2005).  As such I don't
> think it is intended for production use.

It is true that the  HTTP webserver in inets was crated from Ericsson
internal requierments
and was never designed to be a mainstream "superduper" webserver.  The
inets webserver has
no intention of compeating with yaws in that aspect.

> The last time I used the inets HTTP client, (2005) the difference between it
> and ibrowse was that ibrowse worked with the servers I was connecting to,
> and the inets client did not.

That is a long time ago. The HTTP client of today is intended for
general use and I think
will work just fine.

> On the HTTP server side, unless you are making a VERY simple page I would
> really recommend you go with yaws.  It gives you much more flexibility and
> is easier to configure and embed.

If the purpose is to build a big dynamic-website you would probably be
better of with yaws.
As I said before it depends on the problem.

Regards Ingela -OTP team