FW: Erlang R9C-2 NODE stops accepting new connections

Valentin Micic [ MTN - Innovation Centre ] Micic_V@REDACTED
Tue Jun 6 12:37:48 CEST 2006

People, I'm getting desperate here... anyone from ERLANG development
team care to comment?

V.

________________________________

From: owner-erlang-questions@REDACTED
[mailto:owner-erlang-questions@REDACTED] On Behalf Of Valentin Micic [
MTN - Innovation Centre ]
Sent: Wednesday, 31 May 2006 10:33 AM
To: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Cc: Ognian Pantov [ MTN - Innovation Centre ]; Primanathan Reddy [ MTN -
Innovation Centre ]; Wayne Swart [ MTN - Innovation Centre ]
Subject: Erlang R9C-2 NODE stops accepting new connections

Hi,

We have a reoccurring problem on one of our nodes, call it node1@REDACTED

Under some circumstances (we suspect intermittent network instability),
the main listening port (the port that is published with EPMD) stops
accepting new connections.

The active connections are serviced though.

I did verify that empd (using epmd -names) has an entry indicating node1
and port, say, P1.

Using netstat, I did verify that port P1 is used.

I've used pfiles (Solaris 9) to verify that this port is used by this
particular run-time (node1@REDACTED).

Finally, in desperation, I've attempted to telnet to this particular
port, and noticed that netstat reports SYN_SENT, but no further action
is taken.

This indicates a potential problem with SOLARIS, however, had a similar
situation on LINUX as well, thus, concluding that it might be ERLANG
related.

It seems that erlang process that is servicing this erlang port
(linked-in tcp driver) somehow lost a link to it, however without
terminating it, as indicated by messege:

#Port<0.7>: tcp_inet: Input driver gone away without deselecting!

Any ideas?

V.

NOTE: This e-mail message is subject to the MTN Group disclaimer see
http://www.mtn.co.za/disclaimer

NOTE: This e-mail message is subject to the MTN Group disclaimer see http://www.mtn.co.za/disclaimer