FW: Erlang R9C-2 NODE stops accepting new connections

Thomas Lindgren thomasl_erlang@REDACTED
Wed Jun 7 01:01:00 CEST 2006

--- "Valentin Micic [ MTN - Innovation Centre ]"
<Micic_V@REDACTED> wrote:

> People, I'm getting desperate here... anyone from
> ERLANG development
> team care to comment?

I'm not an OTP developer but ...

Looking at the source of R11B
(erts/emulator/beam/io.c, input_ready() ), it seems as
if data has arrived on a port but the status field of
the port is 'FREE'. Then driver_select() is called,
presumably to clear the event.

So, it looks like the port is marked as free but the
corresponding file descriptor has not been closed. At
least that's my best guess. There should thus be some
code path where error handling is incomplete. (Either
the port should not be freed or the fd should be
closed.) This occurs for your listen port?

Best,
Thomas