LAMA: New application added to jungerl

Serge Aleynikov serge@REDACTED
Wed Jan 11 16:46:43 CET 2006

Folks,

I added a new application in jungerl, called LAMA - Log and Alarm
Management Application.  I wrote it a couple of years ago, and now use
in pretty much every system.  I thought others could find it useful.  It
comes with edoc-generated documentation in doc/*.html.

LAMA offers the following features:

* Event handler logging of all error_logger's standard reports to syslog
* Setting and clearing alarms that are logged to syslog
* Defining map between alarms and SNMP traps, so that when an alarm is
   set/cleared, it will cause an associated SNMP trap to be sent to a
   configured SNMP manager, logged to syslog, and displayed on screen
   through a standard error_logger's report.
* Standard macros to report errors of various priorities
* Functions to process application configuration options
* A module tracer for function call tracing

Regards,

Serge

--
Serge Aleynikov