ODBC/MySQL performance

Mickael Remond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Wed Jan 11 19:49:04 CET 2006

* Torbjörn Törnkvist <tobbe@REDACTED> [2006-01-11 16:23:43 +0100]:

> Hi,
>
> I just wonder if anyone has any experience of the performance
> of running the Erlang-ODBC interface towards a MySql server ?

I have made tests and the performance of a native driver are way ahead.

> Is it good enough or is there a need for a faster driver ?

We have modified the MySQL driver version provided by Yxa. The modified
version will hopefully be integrated into the main Yxa code base if this
version works with a reasonnable scope of MySQL versions.

The new version can be downloaded for testing and feedback from:
http://support.process-one.net/doc/display/CONTRIBS/Yxa

Tell us if this work for you.

There is a pending modification for transaction support with MySQL
connection pooling that I do not have yet finished.

Regarding performance, we think it is worth it.

--
Mickaël Rémond
 http://www.process-one.net/