Longstanding issues: structs & standalone Erlang

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@REDACTED
Thu Feb 23 08:59:04 CET 2006

On 2006-02-22 08:28, Kostis Sagonas wrote:
...deleted
> "overall plans and/or guidelines" are not enough, I am afraid.
> These guidelines should be backed up by software tools that enforce
> the layered software development property.
> Such tools are currently lacking.

i think it is possible to use xref to check a set of modules for
consistency.
if the plans and guidelines stipulated building each ''increment'' with
only the layer below, and then mandated running xref on the result
(insisting upon not allowing warnings/errors from xref :-) it might work.
i use xref to check my block at work for internal consistency. it works
better than dialyzer (for this purpose only).

bengt