The Erlang mailing list

ke han ke.han@REDACTED
Wed Aug 30 19:09:24 CEST 2006

On Aug 31, 2006, at 12:05 AM, dda wrote:

> The Ruby-Talk list has daily the weekly traffic of this list, if not
> more, and they're nowhere near explosion. Their archives browser is
> ugly though... :-)

yes, there are lots of lists that dwarf the traffic of this one that
don't segment and are very useful communities.  But if _not_
providing a way to appease people that are bothered by the high/
unsegmented traffic would lessen their involvement, then we need a
solution.  Maillists are the lowest common denominator and a default
choice but if trapexit has worked through its bootstrapping issues
and is ready to support us, it sounds fine.  As to the google option,
the user interface is just right IMO, but if it would offend some to
go with a big name host, lets not fragment the group...that would be
the worst thing that could happen.
Just a few cents from someone who still considers himself an erlang
noob and needs a solid community to count on.
ke han