Help with bit pattern

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Thu Aug 24 22:19:50 CEST 2006

Den 2006-08-24 19:47:44 skrev Bob Ippolito <bob@REDACTED>:

> I see you're reading a SWF header... The padding size should be (8 -
> ((5 + NBits1 * 4) rem 8)). I don't think that bit syntax is going to
> work directly anyway because IIRC SWF files store bits in MSB first
> order(!) for variable bit length fields.

You can specify endianness in bit syntax patterns. Or did you mean
something else?

 From the reference manual, on the Endianness type specifier:

"Endianness = big | little | native
Native-endian means that the endian will be resolved at load time to be
either big-endian or little-endian, depending on what is native for the
CPU that the Erlang machine is run on. The default is big."

BR,
Ulf W
--
Ulf Wiger