Help with bit pattern

Bob Ippolito bob@REDACTED
Thu Aug 24 21:18:18 CEST 2006

On 8/24/06, Joel Reymont <joelr1@REDACTED> wrote:

> On Aug 24, 2006, at 6:47 PM, Bob Ippolito wrote:
>
> > I see you're reading a SWF header... The padding size should be (8 -
> > ((5 + NBits1 * 4) rem 8)). I don't think that bit syntax is going to
> > work directly anyway because IIRC SWF files store bits in MSB first
> > order(!) for variable bit length fields.
>
> Thanks Bob! I resolved it in two steps, calculating the padding size
> first.

On a bit of a tangent, I started a library a little while ago for
dealing with the SWF format. My use cases are all generating SWFs, but
I'd be happy to accept contributions for reading SWFs. It's rather
simple right now, because all of my complicated SWF operations are
still done with Python code.

http://code.google.com/p/eswf/

-bob