Movidis: A 16x core 600Mhz low-power MIPS machine

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Tue Aug 22 08:51:05 CEST 2006

Roberto Saccon writes:
 > this is the chip inside: http://www.cavium.com/OCTEON_CN38XX_CN36XX.html
 >
 > i asked the the company whether they know a  webhosting company where
 > I can lease this machine and whether they tested Erlang on it, here
 > what they replied.

FWIW, Corelatus runs live traffic on Erlang on MIPS-32 (Au1000). All I
did was cross compile the open source release.

Given a working linux toolchain, I would expect someone competent and
experienced to have Erlang cross compiled and working within a day.

I haven't even attempted to get HiPE to work on MIPS. That's a bigger
job.

Matthias