erlang release ???

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Fri Aug 18 09:21:34 CEST 2006

> Only by maintaining your own map, for instance:
>
> vsn_to_release("5.3.6.3") -> "R9C-2";
>
> /Bjorn

The most intuitive way to address this question (I think),
would be to update the version string in the boot script:

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 18-Aug-2006::09:15:00 ===
         application: sasl
          started_at: nonode@REDACTED
release_handler:which_releases().
[{"OTP  APN 181 01","R10B",[],permanent}]

Of course, commercial customers also have a tendency to
selectively apply patch packages, which makes it even
more difficult to tell exactly which version is running.

There should perhaps also be a script allowing the
maintainer to log which patches or diffs have been
applied, and a corresponding release_handler function
to list them.

BR,
Ulf W