Parsers for C written in Erlang

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Thu Aug 17 13:58:14 CEST 2006

Folks,

Has anyone written C-grammar parsers in Erlang?

I'm thinking of how I would approach the Cocoa bridge in Erlang.
There are to basic approaches: parsing the Objective-C header files
to wrap the classes and using the runtime type inspection.

I already completed most of a Cocoa bridge for Allegro Common Lisp
and I used the runtime discovery approach. The biggest problem that I
faced is the huge number of unpublished methods and structures that
must be imported. This is a non-issue when parsing header files, for
obvious reasons.

I have never written parsers before so it will probably take me a
while if I go the parsing route. This seems like the rightful
approach, though.

What do you think?

	Thanks, Joel

P.S. The grammar is described here: