Commercial Mac IDE

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Fri Aug 11 21:35:17 CEST 2006

On Aug 11, 2006, at 7:23 PM, Vlad Dumitrescu wrote:

> My point was that it may be worth considering the options first.
> Having done some work on an IDE framework before, I know there are a
> lot of tricky details. So riding on the Eclipse wave would cut a lot
> of corners.

My main beef, if you will, is the large size of Eclipse and
associated baggage. I tried using it for Java development before and
found it slow and bloated. Plus, I don't want to code in Java to
extend my Erlang environment.

I would also like to take advantage of all the APIs that Apple and
Cocoa have to offer, including the ones coming out in Leopard.
Ultimately, I'm planning to offer a trading systems development
platform and it would need a coding environment. I might as well
build the environment first and then extend it further.

	Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/