Erlang for desktop applications?

Jon Hancock ke.han@REDACTED
Mon Aug 7 14:14:36 CEST 2006

Yeah, if you want to roll your own wrapper to just about any GUI API,
erlang is very straightforward and there are existing libs to give
you guidance.  Erlang's generic and OTP management (Supervisor/
worker) of processes are both very suitable to mapping directly to
typical GUI object and event-driven idioms.     As far as scalability
goes, the erlang vm scales well and latest publishing's of multi-proc
erlang tests look very promising.
Good luck, ke han