Debugging crashes during init

Tim Bates tim@REDACTED
Wed Sep 28 01:30:00 CEST 2005

Claes Wikstrom wrote:
> However, I started to play with it and cannot really reproduce.
> Exactly when is it that erlang cannot give a good reason for
> failing to boot. ?

With a bit of experimentation, I've found that it gives the
     exited: {shutdown,{traderl_app,start,[normal,[]]}}
message when something crashes inside one of my worker processes' init()
functions. So eg causing a crash inside my_app:start/2 or my_sup:init/1
gives a proper error, but causing a crash inside my_proc:init/1 (which
is a process that is started and supervised by my_sup) gives the above
error.

Hope this helps,
Tim.

--