dialyzer; non-existing functions in other modules

Ulf Wiger (AL/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Mon May 16 15:03:24 CEST 2005

Kostis Sagonas wrote:

> Ulf Wiger wrote:
>
>  > I would still like to see Dialyzer optionally report which
>  > functions/modules were "out of scope" for the analysis --
>  > either because they were not part of the set of modules being
>  > analysed, or because they weren't in the PLT.
>
> Yes. This is indeed the case in Dialyzer, in fact in the one you
> are using ;), albeit only in its GUI version which probably explains
> why you have not noticed this...

FWIW, I did notice, since someone ran the GUI version and told
me about this feature.  (:

> PS. The reason why it does not happen in the command-line version is
>     that we did not want to pollute the outcome with auxilliary info
>     (but we might conside adding a --verbo option or similar).

One of the things we do in telecoms is to introduce summary alarms.
That is, you can issue one warning stating that there were unknowns,
suggesting that the analysis should be re-run with more detailed
output.

/Uffe