Calling internal functions - foo::bar() ?

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Wed Mar 2 15:40:04 CET 2005

Chandrashekhar Mullaparthi wrote:

 > Me too! I've tried wrapping the -compile(export_all) directive in
 > -ifdef(debug)/-endif and then use a Makefile to compile with the debug
 > option or not. But then I can't deliver this system to test as it is
 > not what will go live. So this feature would be immensely useful.

Being somebody who never used the -compile(export_all) directive
in his life, I really would very much like to understand why this
proposed addition would be "immensely useful" especially since
currently there are very nice alternatives:

	erlc +export_all File
or
	c(File, [export_all]).

which nicely do the trick (whenever *really* needed).

 > I'm afraid of removing the export_all from a module.

Hint: don't add it in the first place.

Kostis

 > > P.S., who can beat this?

Depends on your definition of "beat" :)

$ find lib/hipe -name "*.erl" | wc -l
	204
$ find lib/hipe -name "*.erl" | xargs grep '^-compile(export_all)' | wc -l
	0