Calling internal functions - foo::bar() ?

Chandrashekhar Mullaparthi chandrashekhar.mullaparthi@REDACTED
Wed Mar 2 15:03:29 CET 2005

On 28 Feb 2005, at 22:13, Luke Gorrie wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an Erlang feature request: I'd like to be able to call
> unexported functions of modules from the Erlang shell.

Me too! I've tried wrapping the -compile(export_all) directive in
-ifdef(debug)/-endif and then use a Makefile to compile with the debug
option or not. But then I can't deliver this system to test as it is
not what will go live. So this feature would be immensely useful. I'm
afraid of removing the export_all from a module.

> P.S., who can beat this?
>
>      $ find . -name "*.erl" | wc -l
>      813
>      $ find . -name "*.erl" | xargs grep '^-compile(export_all)' | wc
> -l
>      323
>      $ echo $[ 323 * 100 / 813 ]
>      39

$ find . -name "*.erl" | wc -l
      852
$ find . -name "*.erl" | xargs grep '^-compile(export_all)' | wc -l
      219
$ echo $[219 * 100/852]
25