ex11, plotting and Cairo ...

Peter-Henry Mander erlang@REDACTED
Wed Jul 20 15:53:29 CEST 2005

Hi Vlad,

Simplified portable X server sounds good to me, it would be very useful
to me as a stand-alone product in itself! If there's a Open Source one,
even better! Cygwin X server has a bit too much baggage to be called
simple. Xming (http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Xming) looks like it fits the
bill, but I'm hitting a wall with it.

I'm not sure I grasp the meaning of your question. The whole idea is to
avoid reinvention by using X11. Joe is very keen to make it drop dead
gorgeous, but he's invented ex11 which to my mind is "good enough" and
it may become the enemy of his better PDF/PS GUI.

Sorry Joe, I know what you'd like to see since I'm an ex-typography
student and I appreciate your aesthetic inclination, but the concurrency
model and thin layers is what I want above the kerning, antialiasing
etc.

Pete.

--
"The Tao of Programming