New trading systems platform

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Fri Jul 8 21:09:39 CEST 2005

On Jul 8, 2005, at 4:03 PM, James Hague wrote:

> Erlang lists take twice as much space as tuples, and,
> much as I hate to admit it,

Wow, I didn't know this! Is there any particular reason for that?

> if you just need lean and mean data
> processing on large and structurally simple data sets, then you'll
> always win in C (and by quite a lot, too).

I would like to avoid that for as long as possible.

> That said, I'd still try the raw Erlang solution and see how it goes.

I set up http://groups-beta.google.com/group/uptick to discuss the
particulars of my platform, as opposed to particulars of Erlang.
Please feel free to join everyone!

     Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/uptick