Upcoming article in Dr. Dobbs'

Luke Gorrie luke@REDACTED
Mon Jan 10 13:24:40 CET 2005

Strangely, when I read about clock speeds flattening out my initial
reaction was excitement - "imagine if computers didn't get faster!"
I'm not sure why but I find that idea very appealing.

Maybe it's like the good old days on the Amiga. "This is the computer.
It has a 7Mhz CPU, a meg of ram, and a couple of coprocessors. What
can you do with it?" People always find new "impossible" things to do,
just using clever programming.

Too bad about these parallel/concurrent architectures.

-Luke