LAPD protocol implementation available

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Sun Jan 2 03:42:33 CET 2005

Folks,

In a project last year I found I needed a LAPD protocol implementation
which provided an API to the Unacknowledged Information (UI) frame
service.  I wasn't able to find an existing implementation which exposed
the UI service to the user.  So to complete the project I implemented
my own version of the Link Access Procedures on the D-channel (LAPD) as
documented in ITU-T Q.921.  I did this to create an emulation environment
for GSM Abis interfaces.  This was work done simply in order to have a
testing environment for another commercial product we developed.

I am making this Erlang application available under a BSD opensource
license.  I'm not sure how likely it is that anyone will have a use for
this but I might as well share.  If nothing else the design documented
in the User Guide might might be interesting for those building such
communicating state machine applications.

	-Vance

	http://www.motivity.ca/lapd/index.html
	http://www.motivity.ca/lapd-1.1.tar.gz