Building OTP R9C-0 on OpenBSD 3.3

Rick Pettit rpettit@REDACTED
Fri Sep 19 18:28:07 CEST 2003

On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 07:08:24PM -0700, Jay Nelson wrote:
> I have been struggling with Rick Pettit's solution to the
> OpenBSD 3.3 build problem.

Ok, I just rebuilt OTP R9C-0 with the following steps on OpenBSD 3.3:

  1) tar zxvf otp_src_R9C-0.tar.gz
  2) patch otp_src_R9C-0/lib/os_mon/c_src/memsup.c memsup.c.openbsd-patch

     NOTE: see attachment for memsup.c.openbsd-patch

  3) cd otp_src_R9C-0
  4) ./configure --with-ssl=/usr/include/openssl

     NOTE: this will succeed, but the ssl Makefile will have OPENSSL_CMD
           set to /usr/include/openssl/bin/openssl, which is incorrect
           (needs to be /usr/sbin/openssl)

  5) patch lib/ssl/examples/certs/i386-unknown-openbsd3.3/Makefile \
     ssl-makefile-patch

     NOTE: see attachment for ssl-makefile-patch

  6) gmake

  7) sudo gmake install

I apologize for not being more specific in my previous instructions. Again,
although this method does work (just worked for me :-) it is NOT the right
thing to do. The memsup.c.openbsd-patch would not be necessary if an #ifndef
OpenBSD was wrapped around the header which should not be included on OpenBSD.
Likewise, the autotools stuff could be modified so that openssl is found on
stock OpenBSD boxes.

Then, you could just follow the instructions in the README that ships with
OTP and you would be just fine (sorry, with the exception that you run gmake
not make).

Hope this helps.

-Rick