Install fails during "make install"

Kent Boortz kent@REDACTED
Sat Sep 13 18:02:28 CEST 2003

"Luther Huffman" <luther@REDACTED> writes:
> I'm using Mac OS X 10.2.6 and trying to build R9C-0 from source. The build
> process goes without a hitch, as does most of "make install". I'm seeing,
> however, something curious when the make script invokes Install:

> cd /usr/local/lib/erlang && ./Install -minimal /usr/local/lib/erlang
> ./Install: [: too many arguments
> Formatting manual pages (this may take a while...)
> make: *** [install.Install] Error 127

Please add a new line with the command "set -x" after the initial
comments in "/usr/local/lib/erlang/Install" and run

  % cd /usr/local/lib/erlang && ./Install -minimal /usr/local/lib/erlang

again. This will give us a trace from the execution of the Install
script. You may also include a printout of the environment used

  % set
  % setenv

kent