Mac OS X problems (was: Please test...)

Sean Hinde sean.hinde@REDACTED
Fri Jul 25 19:37:54 CEST 2003

> There seems that on Mac OS X, you sometimes need to add the
>
>         -lbundle1.o
>
> flat to the link flags ('-bundle' by itself doesn't seem to be enough).

In my case I followed the guidelines in the top level README of
Erlang/OTP, which exactly mirrors the OS X documentation, and it works
perfectly. I would be a bit concerned about using non-standard ways of
linking shared libs for OS X.

Extract of OTP README follows:

"If you develop linked in drivers (shared library) you need to link
using "cc" and the flags "-bundle -flat_namespace -undefined
suppress". You also include "-fno-common" in CFLAGS when
compiling. Use ".so" as the library suffix."

Sean