yaws

Scott Lystig Fritchie fritchie@REDACTED
Sat Jun 29 05:28:23 CEST 2002

>>>>> "mr" == Mickael Remond <mickael.remond@REDACTED> writes:

mr> Le mar 25/06/2002 à 13:36, Sean Hinde a écrit :

>> This is pretty impressive yes. On my somewhat more humble 440MhZ
>> Ultrasparc I was getting 600 pages per second from yaws compared to
>> 60 static pages per second from Apache (using the apache benchmark
>> program ab).

mr> I agree. The performance of Yaws are impressive.  I think could be
mr> the basis of a really good performance application server.

Ja.  Many spiffy numbers have mentioned, assuming they're testing
similar workloads on similar datasets in similar environments.  :-)  I
have no reason to doubt the data mentioned in this thread.

But if there were a Doubting Thomas lurking somewhere on the list...

... perhaps that person would be interested in comparing yaws against
Apache or, much better, squid in reverse proxy mode.  In low-overhead-
Web-server-land, perhaps a comparison against thttpd (I lose track of
all those supposedly small & fast & simple HTTP servers, but they're
easy enough to find) or Zeus.  Heh.  It's been years since I've used
Zeus, but back then I was amazed that it wasn't running in kernel
space....

-Scott