New Inets

Sean Hinde Sean.Hinde@REDACTED
Mon Oct 1 14:14:19 CEST 2001

Hi,

Inets was the inspiration for our tcp server process structure so I always
have a look inside when there is a new version.

In the R8 Prerelease version I noticed the rather unusual design decision to
read the HTTP header 1 octet at a time with successive gen_tcp:recv calls.

I wonder if any performance testing was done on this mechanism as it doesn't
particularly strike me as optimal.. and it might be very slow indeed...

I also noticed that there is now a driver option to gen_tcp:socket (http)
which returns decoded http headers straight from the socket. Is it intended
that this becomes a fully supported part of OTP (or even used by a future
inets version)?

Thanks,
Sean

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: