Your own behaviours

Sean Hinde Sean.Hinde@REDACTED
Mon Oct 1 11:34:29 CEST 2001

Hi guys,

I looked at using a combined application/top supervisor when first looking
at OTP and using the existing apps as a guide.

I concluded that any benefits (are there any?) were lost if you end up with
a hotch potch of different techniques which have to be individually figured
out later in maintenance mode.

The emacs mode produces very fine templates which we use across all our
applications. This means that I can look at Chandru's code and immediately
see how it starts up, and others can look at mine and all is clear.

The naming convention we use is always:

uoty_app - application behaviour
uoty_sup - top level supervisor
uoty_server - main server process