Emulator stopping during mnesia writes

dgould@REDACTED dgould@REDACTED
Thu May 11 22:08:20 CEST 2000

On Thu, May 11, 2000 at 01:33:40PM -0500, Scott Lystig Fritchie wrote:

> dg> There is nothing wrong with using a whole process to do asynch I/O
> dg> operations if threads are not availible. Many high performance
> dg> systems do this. And if the I/O process segv's recovery is
> dg> probably easier.
>
> I agree; it's a noble technique.  If process A has data that it wasn't
> process B to write to disk, there's the pesky problem of getting the
> data over to B first.  I've experimented with kludging shared memory
> onto the VM's memory management scheme.  It works, at least under
> light loads.  It remains to be seen if we'll actually use it, though.
>
> -Scott

Go for it. I would be happy to help at least, having done this sort of
stuff for the DB engines in prior lives. Better yet, lets define an
ideal api that lets naively written servers scale easily, ie perl,
python, java, erlang, and I will see if I can hack it into the Linux
kernel... Just looking for the right motivation.

-dg

--

David Gould                                             dgould@REDACTED
SuSE, Inc.,  580 2cd St. #210,  Oakland, CA 94607          510.628.3380