Emulator stopping during mnesia writes

Scott Lystig Fritchie scott@REDACTED
Thu May 11 20:33:40 CEST 2000

>>>>> "dg" == dgould  <dgould@REDACTED> writes:

dg> There is nothing wrong with using a whole process to do asynch I/O
dg> operations if threads are not availible. Many high performance
dg> systems do this. And if the I/O process segv's recovery is
dg> probably easier.

I agree; it's a noble technique.  If process A has data that it wasn't
process B to write to disk, there's the pesky problem of getting the
data over to B first.  I've experimented with kludging shared memory
onto the VM's memory management scheme.  It works, at least under
light loads.  It remains to be seen if we'll actually use it, though.

-Scott