[Fwd: Rewriting756---termination_Dependency_Pair]

Per Bergqvist per@REDACTED
Tue Feb 8 16:19:34 CET 2000

Somebody at Erlang systems (Magnus ???) made a port for a project I ran at
Ericsson
'95-'96. The port seemed to work fine but we never finished complete testing
since we choose another platform than Alpha/DigitalUnix.
The basic problem was that Erlang played around with the high bits in pointers

to tag the data types and DigitalUnix used 64 bit pointers by default.
Later on I worked with Digital Unix in another project and realized that you
may force the compiler to use 32 bit pointers.
This is probably the easiest way to get Erlang running.

Regards

Per Bergqvist
CellPoint Systems AB