QNX

Klacke klacke@REDACTED
Thu Aug 24 18:31:47 CEST 2000

On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 03:13:54PM +0100, Sean Hinde wrote:
> On a completely different subject..
>
> Has anyone ever managed to compile OTP on QNX (www.qnx.com). I notice
> through the source there are several #ifdef QNXs but I've not tried to
> compile it myself.

Many years ago (in a different galaxy) I though that QNX was
a beautiful little OS that would blend nicely with erlang.

Ericsson was by then (probably still is ...) searching for
a general purpose platform and I thought that maybe the combo
QNX/erlang could fit. We got ourself a brand new superfast 486
and Magnus Fröberg ported the whole thing to QNX.

This turned out to be a dead duck though, nobody wanted it and
by now the code has probably rotted and is completely useless.
Anybody interested in QNX would have to make a brand new port.
This should probably not be too hard though since QNX has
improved their posix support vastly since (I guess 1995) when
the port was done

/klacke

--
Claes Wikstrom                          <klacke@REDACTED>