Error trying to build otp_src_R6B-0

Per Hedeland per@REDACTED
Thu Aug 24 00:04:15 CEST 2000

>Turns out doing a simple 'unlimit' did the trick.

Great!

>Of course the build fails when it tries to build etk_drv.c as NetBSD doesn't
>(yet) support pthreads. Shouldn't that be detected at configure time? Hmmm.
>pth (The GNU Portable Thread Library) is in pkgsrc, could installing this
>help? I also had to do some ld stuff by hand where the makefile tried to do
>ld -share -soname etc etc. (It needed to be -Bshareable on my system)
>Erlang looks really cool and I'd love to have it running on my box so I
>could play around.

You should apply all the patches at the "Bugs and Fixes" page
(http://www.erlang.org/faq/bugs_and_fixes.html) - they need to be
applied to a just-unpacked distribution before 'configure' is run.
(You can do it with 'cat /some/dir/tmp_patch_R6B0.* | patch -p0' in the
otp_src_R6B-0 directory, which should probably be mentioned somewhere on
the page...)

There are fixes related to both these issues, hopefully they'll do the
trick for you. Hm, actually it seems the -Bshareable won't happen - for
a quick hack fix, try (after applying the patches but before running
configure) changing the line (should be 4398:-) in
erts/autoconf/configure that says

   freebsd2*)

to something like

   freebsd2*|netbsd1*)

(yes, it should probably be an actual test instead, but it's a bit
complicated...).

--Per Hedeland
per@REDACTED