Erlang on Tru64

Ulf Wiger etxuwig@REDACTED
Sun Aug 20 23:26:54 CEST 2000

On Sat, 19 Aug 2000, Alexander Williams wrote:

>On Sun, Aug 20, 2000 at 02:14:41AM +0200, Kent Boortz wrote:
>> No real 64 bit port has been done that I know of. I did an
>
>Well ... bugger.  [throws hat on the floor]  So much for me being able
>to use Erlang in the role I really need it for.  :/  I have a few
>(rather, several) million dollars worth of large, heavy, very fast
>Tru64 boxes I can bend to my evil will.  Erlang would be a good choice
>of tool to do what I'm interested in ...
>
>Ah well.

As I remember my discussions with Björn Gustavsson, a real 64 bit
port wouldn't be that hard to do, but that it would be wise to
wait until the tagging scheme had been rewritten. We're quickly
approaching the next release of Erlang, which does indeed have an
entirely new tagging scheme. Perhaps the time has come?

/Uffe
--
Ulf Wiger                                    tfn: +46  8 719 81 95
Network Architecture & Product Strategies    mob: +46 70 519 81 95