Concurrency problem

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Sun Aug 8 19:06:23 CEST 1999

One solution that I sometimes use is to store state data in ETS.
Say, for example (don't know if this fits your particular problem) that
A wants to make a "write" request to B, and B in the process wants to make
a "read" request to A, this can be solved by A storing readable values
in a public or protected ETS table. This way, B can make a non-blocking
request and avoid deadlock.

To avoid creating a race condition instead, one should take case not to
write to the ETS table from more than one process.

/Uffe