more questions... :-)

James Hague jhague@REDACTED
Tue Aug 3 16:03:12 CEST 1999

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Vlad Dumitrescu wrote:

> How does the thought of
> using Erlang as a "assembler" language, most like Lisp (and C) are for so
> many other higher-level languages, sound? Is it an heresy? hope not...

I'm not sure what you're getting at.  You'd like to compile other
languages into Erlang?

Erlang is the most wonderfully concise and easy to use language I've had
the pleasure of programming in.  But for many applications, Erlang needs
to be used in conjunction with another more "sequential, performance
oriented" language.  You certainly wouldn't want to complile sequential
code into Erlang; you'be be better off writing a custom compiler *using*
Erlang (now that would be fun!).

James