Support for non-unique process labels?

Stanislav Ledenev s.ledenev@REDACTED
Mon May 10 10:04:32 CEST 2021

> As someone building a commercial project in Erlang, I can confirm that
> doing anything production-ready in Erlang requires (re)writing a *ton*
> of code which in other languages would be available in the standard
> library. And do not even get me started on the tooling (or more
> accurately lack thereof).

Another claim without evidence. Why are you stating that Erlang
"requires (re)writing a *ton* of code"? Maybe you love to rewrite tons of
code?
I have colleagues who love to refactor any working code, the love process
not the result.
Erlang is perfectly fine. It has everything you need to work to be done.

According to the standard library. Standard library (for any language) must
include only those
things which will be used in vast majorities of projects.
Not some specific cases. For specific cases a language must have a decent
library system.
Which Erlang has. And that is the reason for another question - why are you
rewriting tons of code
(again and again as you state) when you can write libraries and reuse them?