Should we change from Jira to Github Issues?

- Neustradamus - neustradamus@REDACTED
Thu Oct 8 17:07:06 CEST 2020

Hi guys,

I say "Yes" too.

There will be new (more) contributors and it is really easy to manage...

Regards,

Neustradamus

De : erlang-questions <erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED> de la part de Kenneth Lundin <kenneth@REDACTED>
Envoyé : jeudi 8 octobre 2020 15:24
À : erlang-questions@REDACTED Questions
Objet : Should we change from Jira to Github Issues?

Hi,

In the OTP team we are considering to start using Github issues for bug reporting instead of the Jira system we are using today (https://bugs.erlang.org).

The main driving factor is a better integration with pull requests and repositories which are on Github anyway.
We also believe that it is positive for the community, since there is already quite a lot of Erlang and Elixir projects using Github issues.

I know that this discussion was brought up when we decided to choose Jira instead of Github issues but now the situation is different.

I want your opinions.

/Kenneth, Erlang/OTP , Ericsson