The most appropriate way to interop the Erlang VM from another programming language in 2020

Dmytro Lytovchenko dmytro.lytovchenko@REDACTED
Fri Dec 18 12:45:40 CET 2020

 I created Pyrlang.
Pyrlang implements Erlang network node over TCP in Python, it supports OTP
23 last time i checked (other people contributed and made it work).
Yes probably the best way to access all features of a running Erlang node
from another language would be to implement a network node in your language.

Erlport runs as an Erlang port, i.e. standard input/output with a spawned
process. This is very different from Pyrlang, also ports may be slow for
transferring large data and the transfer can only happen in one stream, but
nevertheless it is a valid way to communicate.