[erlang-questions] os:cmd hang on OTP 18

Dmytro Lytovchenko dmytro.lytovchenko@REDACTED
Thu Jul 27 02:09:03 CEST 2017

I could observe the behaviour only in R18, but not in R19 and not in R20
I also could not reproduce it in debug flavour of R18 emulator, but it
reproduces reliably in release SMP variant.

The changes to os.erl between 18.3.4.5 and 19.0 include removal of os:cmd
server which might somehow be related (commit
*200247f972b012ced0c4b2c6611f091af66ebedd*). This commit *possibly* fixes
the behavior — in R19 (build 19.0 by Kerl) the behaviour does not happen.