[erlang-questions] Erlang documentation (was: Apology)

Roger Lipscombe roger@REDACTED
Tue Sep 20 11:07:58 CEST 2016

On 20 September 2016 at 09:53, Alin Popa <alin.popa@REDACTED> wrote:
> Worth mentioning that maybe there should be a version tag for each
> function/module saying when it was added?

erldocs.com allows you to view the documentation for a particular
version (though I dislike erldocs.com for other reasons...). There's
also the question of how long you treat functionality as "new". There
are parts of the Erlang documentation that say things like "this
changed in R5B". Does anyone still care?

This is something that (again) the postgres documentation does
right[1], if only Google would search only the current version (it's
not always what you want, but at least it's predictable).

[1] the top of the 9.5 documentation pages has "This page in other
versions: 9.1 / 9.2 / 9.3 / 9.4 / current (9.5)  |  Development
versions: devel / 9.6  |  Unsupported versions: 7.2 / 7.3 / 7.4 / 8.0
/ 8.1 / 8.2 / 8.3 / 8.4 / 9.0", which links as appropriate.