[erlang-questions] Patch package OTP 19.0.7 released

Kenneth Lakin kennethlakin@REDACTED
Thu Sep 15 04:46:22 CEST 2016

On 09/14/2016 06:24 AM, Henrik Nord X wrote:
> Patch Package:           OTP 19.0.7

I did a bit of searching, but I seem to have missed any official
documentation on the matter.

So, some questions about Erlang versioning and patch packages:

When the third component of the version number changes, does that
indicate that that version was a patch package rather than a full
release that gets its own tarball on erlang.org? (With the exception of
18.2.1.)

For the foreseeable future, are the only Erlang releases that get source
tarballs & etc. on erlang.org releases that increment the first or
second component of the version number? (Or ones like 18.2.1 that fix
_serious_ errors?)

I notice that there were two separate patch packages released today,
each containing a single fix. Was this simply a case of failing to
include the fix for OTP-13890 in 19.0.6, or is there some reason why an
Erlang user would want to install .6 rather than .7 that I'm missing?

Thanks!