[erlang-questions] setting up distribution between a local node and a firewalled node
Thu Sep 15 03:49:24 CEST 2016
If you were to believe https://gist.github.com/pnc/9e957e17d4f9c6c81294,
setting up distribution between a local node and a firewalled node would be
as simple as:
1) proxying a connection to the epmd running on the firewalled node so that
your local port 4369 connects to the firewalled node's epmd
2) running 'epmd -names' to identify the distribution port that the
firewalled node is using
3) proxying that port too
4) CHANGING YOUR HOSTNAME TO MATCH THE REMOTE NODE'S HOSTNAME (!?)
5) starting up a local node '' with the same cookie as that
firewalled node, your local node then registering using the proxied epmd on
6) running, e.g., 'net_adm:ping('').
However, this doesn't seem to work, because I get pang. So many pangs.
Regardless of how I try to qualify the node name.
a) step 4, that's, like, not actually how it has to happen, right?
b) what am I likely to be missing?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the erlang-questions