[erlang-questions] How do you kill an OS process that was opened with open_port on a brutal_kill?

Vans S vans_163@REDACTED
Fri Nov 25 04:53:32 CET 2016

So far if I use open_port({spawn, Params}, [stderr_to_stdout, exit_status]) to create an OS process, if the erlang process that created it dies, the os process stays alive.  I want the os process to die with the erlang process, often this is the case if the process reads stdin.

Currently this process does not read stdin and it does not die when the erlang process dies.

Any ideas how to do this?