[erlang-questions] How do you kill an OS process that was opened with open_port on a brutal_kill?

Guilherme Andrade g@REDACTED
Fri Nov 25 10:40:53 CET 2016

On 25 Nov 2016 3:53 a.m., "Vans S" <vans_163@REDACTED> wrote:

> So far if I use open_port({spawn, Params}, [stderr_to_stdout,
exit_status]) to create an OS process, if the erlang process that created
it dies, the os process stays alive.  I want the os process to die with the
erlang process, often this is the case if the process reads stdin.

> Currently this process does not read stdin and it does not die when the
erlang process dies.

> Any ideas how to do this?

erlexec[1] might be what you're looking for.

[1]: https://github.com/saleyn/erlexec