[erlang-questions] Erlang/OTP 19.0-rc1 is available for testing

zxq9 zxq9@REDACTED
Mon May 16 12:15:37 CEST 2016

On Thursday 12 May 2016 17:18:14 Kenneth Lundin wrote:
> Erlang/OTP 19.0-rc1 is available for testing.

Awesome!

> We would like to ask you to build and test this release candidate and send
> us your feedback as soon as possible, so that we can make the necessary
> corrections before OTP 19.0.

My backend and networky-thingy applications -- work like a charm. Will of
course require a bit more time actually driving things around in staging
to really know what gets weird where, but so far everything works for me
on Linux and BSD.

My GUI and clienty-thingy applications -- all screwed up if they use wx.
Wx has several issues in R19rc1. A few glaringly obvious problems (only
tested on Linux so far, may try Windows 7 and 10 eventually):

- wxStaticBoxSizer is crazy now (at least on KDE -- still need to check
  against Gnome and Windows). Label text is cut in half, sizer borders
  are thinner than expected, and the sizer visual framing line is either
  not drawn or has been pushed out of the paint area by the thinness of
  the frame (this is probably also the same reason the label text is cut
  in half).

- Tab navigation seems to not work at all.

- Input handling within text elements is broken. Initial text input works
  fine, but trying to press backspace makes the input field unresponsive
  (you have to use a mouse to refocus, and can only delete by highlight).

There may be a few other rough edges, but so far the only negatives have
been in wxErlang -- everything else is great. :-)

-Craig