[erlang-questions] Erlang/OTP 19.0-rc1 is available for testing

Dan Gudmundsson dangud@REDACTED
Mon May 16 12:43:18 CEST 2016

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 12:15 PM zxq9 <zxq9@REDACTED> wrote:

> My GUI and clienty-thingy applications -- all screwed up if they use wx.
> Wx has several issues in R19rc1. A few glaringly obvious problems (only
> tested on Linux so far, may try Windows 7 and 10 eventually):
>
> - wxStaticBoxSizer is crazy now (at least on KDE -- still need to check
>   against Gnome and Windows). Label text is cut in half, sizer borders
>   are thinner than expected, and the sizer visual framing line is either
>   not drawn or has been pushed out of the paint area by the thinness of
>   the frame (this is probably also the same reason the label text is cut
>   in half).
>
> - Tab navigation seems to not work at all.
>
> - Input handling within text elements is broken. Initial text input works
>   fine, but trying to press backspace makes the input field unresponsive
>   (you have to use a mouse to refocus, and can only delete by highlight).
>
> There may be a few other rough edges, but so far the only negatives have
> been in wxErlang -- everything else is great. :-)
>
> -Craig

I don't feel I have done anything to get those results in wx, can you check
your
build environment.

I.e. what wxWidgets version do you have now and what did you have before,
and what gtk version was wxWidgets compiled with gtk-2 or gtk-3?

The changes in wx are real bugfixes, such as out arguments moved to a
return tuple, and some bugs in the command queue handling which could cause
calls to be executed twice or not at all, but rendering of static boxes and
tab navigation are handled by wxWidgets not the wx wrapper, so it sounds
like build changes on your side.

/Dan